This week I received an email from someone who wanted to write for this blog. In the five-sentence message, I noted these little blunders:
- No words were capitalized, not even my name.
- The phrase "clients website" had no apostrophe.
- The first sentence, "hope you are well," ended with a hyphen, not a period.
- The second sentence, a statement about wondering, ended with a question mark.
- The third sentence, like the first, ended in a hyphen.
- The last sentence, "let me know what you think," ended in a smiley face.
Yes, I was smiling–and sighing.