In response to client requests, I have designed a new online self-study course, Punctuation for Professionals. It's a lively, interactive review of the essential rules of punctuation.
Would you benefit from a punctuation class? See whether you can identify punctuation errors in 8 of the 16 sentences below.
- We submitted the proposal last week, however, we have not received approval yet.
- The plan includes: goals, timelines, and a budget.
- Several one-hour webinars are available as complimentary downloads.
- Lori needs a weeks notice to arrange catering for meetings.
- Appendix 7 includes details on all four transportation companies (see page 294).
- Hiroko is taking an early shuttle to Los Angeles and Han is planning to drive his car.
- Thank you, Clare, for filling in at the reception desk last week.
- Bill and Hillary Clintons’ home is in New York.
- Teo moved from Vancouver, British Columbia, to Seattle before settling in Calgary.
- Two employees’ cars were under the awning when it collapsed.
- When customers click this button a dropdown box with three choices appears.
- Here are the winners: Michael Grace, Accounting; Davida Banks, Finance; and Elray Davis, Member Services.
- December 15, 2014, is the last day we accepted the vouchers.
- Carl will manage the volunteers on Friday; Renee will manage them on Saturday.
- Hala has asked that everyone review the long range plan before the meeting.
- The course he wants to take is “Leadership in the Nonprofit Sector.”