SEO is incredibly important for modern businesses, allowing them to generate more traffic online and gain more leads and greater revenue. All businesses should incorporate SEO into their overall digital marketing plan, and hiring the right SEO expert is an important part of that. Businesses that are looking to gain greater brand awareness and reach a wider audience online can benefit from SEO, particularly when it comes to copywriting.
Copywriting is a specific area of marketing that involves using words to generate emotions. All great marketing campaigns make use of copywriters, and they’re also important in SEO. A lot of SEO revolves around the content that you publish on your site, and good copywriters need to be able to craft copy that attracts customers to your business. Hiring an SEO copywriter can make a big difference to the traffic your website receives and will also help you turn traffic into customers.
If you’re looking to grow your business and improve your online presence, hiring an SEO copywriter can be a great idea. However, it’s never an easy position to hire for. You need to make sure that the person you bring into your team is going to make a difference, and they need to have the right skills and experience. Simply screening their CV might not be enough to assess them, but an SEO copywriting test can help.
What Can an SEO Copywriter Do For Your Business?
Tweets, blog and Facebook posts, product descriptions, sales, and promotional copy, and other content are all created by SEO copywriters. These are useful for helping your website look great as well as expanding your brand’s online presence.
Keyword density and prominence, as well as tone, style, and readability, are the specialties of the copywriter, with each word being carefully considered for maximum impact. They also conduct product research, competitive keyword research, and content landscape analysis. All of this can help to audit your website and aid in the development of off-site and on-site SEO efforts, as well as tracking searches and customer activity.
Businesses without an SEO copywriter are more likely to suffer from poorly optimized sites that have low search engine rankings. Because the majority of internet users make use of search engines such as Google, having a high ranking for specific keywords is incredibly important. The higher your page rank, the more likely it is for interested people to find your page when performing relevant searches. These people are then more likely to learn about your business and buy your products or services.
How to Test Your Potential SEO Copywriters Before Hiring
If you’ve decided on hiring an SEO copywriter, you’ll need to know what you’re looking for first. Different copywriters may have skills in different areas, but for the most part, a good copywriter will have the following:
- Great writing and communication skills – Naturally, copywriters need to be able to write and communicate well. Copywriting is all about conveying emotions and helping the reader to understand ideas, either behind the product or the brand itself.
- Excellent knowledge of SEO, including the latest techniques – In addition, SEO copywriters need to be good at SEO, of course. The practices of SEO are always changing as search engines regularly update their algorithms, so it’s important that the SEO expert stays up to date.
- Able to create valuable content in your niche – If your copywriter needs to create content, they need to be able to do so with authority. Your content should be accurate and informative, helping your site visitors learn more about your business. As a result, it’s important for your copywriter to understand your business and the niche you work in.
- Skilled at both long and short-form copy – Long-form copy is anything more than a few paragraphs. This type of copy is used more in the content on your site’s blog and can also be used for SEO purposes to provide keywords for common searches. Short-form copy includes social media posts and calls to action and is normally focused more on marketing. Good copywriters are able to do both, as they both have their uses.
- Able to use analytics to measure traffic and SEO success – One of the most important parts of a marketing campaign is measurement, which tells you where you need to improve and where you’re doing well. Measuring your SEO is critical as you should use analytics to determine what needs to be changed. Good SEO copywriters are always analyzing and improving their work, tweaking your site’s content to produce better results.
If you want to hire a good copywriter, you need to create a test that will evaluate each of these skills. If you’re knowledgeable on the subject, you can create your own test, but many services will also provide tests you can use. A good SEO copywriter test will evaluate all of the skills above, letting you know whether the person will be a good fit for your business. Be sure to spend some time reviewing each part of the test to make sure it’s relevant to the specific needs of your company.