When we talk about sales lead we mean a person or organization that has shown interest in our service or product. They have initiated the first contact so it is important to nurture them and provide reasons to become your customer. One of the tools you should use is the lead analytics software. It allows tracking the lead activity via available marketing channels and defining the ways to reach the conversion. Lead tracking is something more complicated than just knowing what your leads do on your website or Facebook page. It’s about prioritizing them, distributing them across teams, defining the necessity of providing the additional info, and many more.
The importance of tracking
Some companies focus their attention on the existing customers, considering them the priority of their business. It is true, for sure, but it’s not the reason to neglect lead generation and nurturing. Leads are the source for the company’s growth. They not only can get you more profit eventually but to provide insights about what you should pay attention to in your business. That is why lead analytics should be an inseparable part of your sales process.
Lead tracking advantages
The main point the importance of lead tracking is undoubtful is that it is a strategy proven by many successful businesses. It helps maintain your pipeline up-to-date and avoid lead stagnancy. This is the only way to target your resources right and get results. Here are some benefits you will experience by implementing a good lead analytics system:
- accurate financial prediction;
- optimized sales process;
- keeping the leads ;
- finding and fixing weak spots.
Both sales and marketing departments get significant value from the data the lead analysis provides.
Top recommendations for tracking sales leads
- Design an email sequence scenario. You should know your leads and their pain points to run an effective campaign. Use this information to predict the questions and reactions of the lead to prepare the sequence of emails you will base your campaign on.
- Create a schedule for follow-ups. The next step will be the thought-through follow-ups. As soon as you get the leads you need to nurture them step-by-step to end up with the conversion. The lead analytics will give you the information about the best timing to communicate with your potential customers and encourage mutual communication.
- Define the suitable lead cycle for your company. Depending on the type of business, you may focus on long-term or short-term leads. Utilize the knowledge of the type of leads that will be worth your resources. For example, for B2C the campaign should last up to 2 weeks, that will be enough. While in the B2B sphere the process can take from a couple of months up to a year, but the results will be worth it. Just make sure you do not waste your time on the same people who take too much of your time and resources.
- Integrate the pipeline. While the sales funnel provides you with the state-by-stage conversion, the pipeline shows what you should focus on right now. This approach allows tracking the current needs of your leads and organizing the nurturing process.
- Prioritize leads. You can choose any parameter for scoring the leads. It can be the urgency, the size of the project, availability, and so on. This will help you to focus on the leads you can satisfy completely right now while postponing a bit another group until the required resources are available.
- Apply CRM systems. This approach will save your time as almost every marketing practice can be implemented in one multifunctional lead analytics software. In lead marketing, this tool is dedicated to management and nurturing. You have a unified database that can be used for email automation, tracking leads, analysis, and predictions.
Regardless of the size of your company, lead tracking ensures the effective management of the sales process. It works both ways as more of your leads will have a better experience and are likely to buy your product, while your company will be on the right track in terms of business and keeping up with the competitors. Integrating a lead analytics system is the key to business effectiveness and higher profitability.